8/25/2005

What I really need is God

Wednesday August 31st, Romans 7: 15What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise. 16So if I can't be trusted to figure out what is best for myself and then do it, it becomes obvious that God's command is necessary. I used to smoke. I smoked for two years in college and then I quit. It only took fifteen years to quit. Life is an ongoing process of discipline, watching what you eat, getting enough exercise, praying often, working at relationships, all things we want and know we should do, but in the end, for most of us, we come up a bit short. Paul pointed out that sin acts in the same way. There are things we know we should do and not do and even with the greatest intentions, we just don’t seem to make it all the time. Sometimes all this leads us to where we should be in the first place, at the foot of the cross, looking up at the crucified and risen Lord who brings salvation to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me