11/29/2010

"i" "I" "I" "I" You brood of Vipers

Friday December 10th, Matthew 3: 5 People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. 6 Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. 7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. Who were these Sadducees and Pharisees and why was John so blunt and bitchy with them but not with the masses who flocked to the waters? They were the power and money people. They were the “I” not “We” righteousness people. The masses were the victims of the “I” people. So the question is, who are the victims of today’s “I” people. Things haven’t chanced much and unfortunately, just like in John’s day, the “I” people would claim many who claim to carry the banner of God. It is the suicide bombers and prosecutors of unrighteousness who are the perpetrators of injustice today. They are no different than those who push for war to counter the “them,” they are “I” people all. They go by different names now, but John would still not be impressed. The “I” people will always be the brood of vipers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me