11/22/2010

holy mountain

Sunday November 28th, Isaiah 2: There's a day coming when the mountain of God's House will be solid and towering over all mountains. All nations will be drawn to it and people from all over the world set out for it, saying, “Come, let's climb God's Holy Mountain, and go to the House of the Lord. In that day God will show us the way He works so all can live the way they were made." The years of running away from God didn’t erode the mountain for me. It was right there in front of me all the time. The years of running probably helped get rid of some of the rough edges of hypocrisy however; God has a way of using our own abrasiveness to sand away the rough edges over time. That calling to come to the Lord is always there, and will be there for you throughout your life, and the lives of your children. The day is coming when all nations will be drawn to the house of the Lord. Perhaps some of the rough edges we need to hone are the thoughts we have it right and others have it wrong. The house of the Lord has many rooms, and they are not all decorated in a western motif. I was glad when they said to me let us go to the house of the Lord, I was more glad still when I looked around and saw the rainbow of color and hue walking up that mountain with me. What attitudes and ideas need honing and sanding and polishing until you can see the vastness of God’s kingdom on the way to that mountain with you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me