1/27/2006

Raise up a prophet

Sunday January 29th, Deuteronomy 18: 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. Note, the prophet comes from the people. The special character of a prophet is that he or she is chosen by God and the words they speak also come from God. There have been many throughout history that claim to do just that. There are even some today. Do they speak a word of love and grace? Do they speak a word of forgiveness? Do they speak for the needs of the least, lost or lonely? Or do they speak of power and maintaining the political status quo? If it is status quo they are after, they don’t speak for God. Sorry Pat!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me