1/12/2006

God is listening

Sunday January 15th, Psalm 139: LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I stand up; You understand my thoughts from far away. When we are called to pray unceasingly we sometimes get the miss notion that in doing so we will somehow get God’s attention. The truth is that God is already watching and listening and ever present in our existence. God is present not just with the words we say or the conscious silent prayers we offer, but God actively knows our thoughts, spoken or unspoken, conscious or unconscious, the good, the bad and the ugly. It is all there offered up to a God who actively seeks us out and loves us in spite of the good, the bad and the ugly. Our reaching out to God is in response to a God who already knows us intimately and has already reached out to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me