1/19/2006

Don't smell like fish

Thursday January 26th, Jonah 1: 5The people of Nineveh listened, and trusted God. They proclaimed a citywide fast and dressed in burlap to show their repentance. Everyone did it--rich and poor, famous and obscure, leaders and followers. Wow, Jonah did a great job, or perhaps was it God. How often we tend to take the credit when things go well and place the blame on God when they do not go well. As we read on we see the Jonah was still not happy, if fact he was down right angry. God continued to work with him also. What God is after is loving relationships. What we tend to be after is our kind of justice which can also be seen as revenge. In the end, it is God who wins. Might as well go with it sooner than later. You smell less like fish when you do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a comment that relates to Wednesday night group on Reading The Bible Again For The First Time. God led me to a zinger this morning when I went to meditate on the Bible's teachings. I read 1 Samuel 18. I am having a real struggle in understanding 1 Sam. 18:10 "The next day an evil (injurious) spirit from God came forcefully upon Saul." I did not think that evil came from God. I thought it came from our own poor choices and from Satan. I am struggling to reconcile my image of God as pure love and pure good. What is the finger pointing me at here?

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me