1/19/2006

My rock and my salvation


Sunday January 22nd, Psalm 62: God is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will not be shaken. In the midst of difficulties in life we hold to Christ. That doesn't mean that everything will work out as we want it. It does mean that where ever we are in life, Christ is there with us. There is an old saying that goes "God never gives you more than you can handle." The problem is that people often get more than they can handle and when they hear this saying they think that all the bad stuff going on in their lives is a dirty rotten gift from God. The truth is that life sometimes handles us some pretty rotten stuff, and sometimes we even work hard to get into the trouble we find ourselves in. In the midst of that, you are not alone. God is your rock and salvation. Cling to God. It won't make all the bad stuff go away but it will keep you grounded in love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe its easy to get God and Christ involved when things are going well and we are thankful and when things are REALLY over the top hard... but its the daily middle ground that I dont' get... when are we living our lives in this realm fulling invested and involved... vs. keeping our feet in both the earthly realm of personal responsibility and accomplishment and in the heavenly relm with some seperation of full engagement of what is happening around us?

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me