8/03/2005

Heaven come down

Wednesday August 10th, Revelation 21: 1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. In this vision of what the end of the world will look like, we are also surprised with a God who comes down, and this time brings heaven along for the ride. This means of course that it is not just filled with the ones we call the good guys. Perhaps the gift of heaven is the reconciliation with those we do not consider the good guys. Maybe the gift of heaven is that "W" and Saddam will reconcile and all those killed on both sides will stand and applaud. It may not be your or my view of Heaven, but then God doesn't take orders from either one of us anyway. I think I like it better that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me