9/07/2015

wake up

Sunday September 13th, Isaiah 50: 4 The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will.  I can hear the jingle now, “The best part of waking up is Gospel in your cup”.  Well I still like my coffee, I am Lutheran after all.  There is something however about those few moments between the jarring alarm and feet on the floor when it is a perfect time for the Gospel to seep into the brain and soul. The new day has begun, open and filled with possibilities.  God is there waiting for you and your day is open and filled with possibilities.  Together with God, …… imagine the possibilities of the day that lays before you in your walk with God!!!!  You might still have to go to work, but who you are, even at work, is a child of God, who you are is an ambassador in word and deed of the good news.  To whom will you speak a word of forgiveness, of hope, of welcome, of inclusion?  To whom will you look with kindness in your eyes?  Whose life will be changed for the better because your feet hit the floor today?  Better have a cup of coffee, there is a lot of work to do, and while you are at it, fire up a little 10W (www.10worship.blogspot.com) and start your day with ten minutes of worship.  It you are techie enough, text 10w to 22828 and get 10 minute worship on your smart phone and listen while on your commute to work and see how your day changes.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me