9/07/2015

grace work

Monday September 14th, Isaiah 50: 7 Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame.8 He who gives me justice is near.  We are not alone in this world.  We are surrounded by friends, brothers and sisters in Christ, and by the Spirit of the Living God.  And we are called to a task.  I know that can sound a bit un-Lutheran, but being changed by the grace often means changed to do grace work in this world.  Therefore, go and do God’s will in this world because you are saved by grace.  And what is that will?  To announce that the God of Justice is near and to show that you mean it by working for justice for others.  Some may try to put you to shame, but don’t give it a second thought, God is with you and you are not alone.  You were once hungry and now you are filled with the Gospel. Evangelism is like one beggar telling another beggar where to find food.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me