9/07/2015

still holding

Saturday September 19th, Mark 8: 35For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? 37Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?  When I do pre-marital counseling, one question I ask is “how do you fight?”  Sometimes the answer is “Oh, we don’t fight.”  Then I know there is trouble ahead.  Then I know they have not given themselves over to this other person and for them the relationship is enjoying the current ride and the sex.  Losing your life means going in head over heels and it is never without conflict.  If you are not mad at your church, your pastor and your God from time to time, you are not paying attention, and you are still holding onto your life.  When you lose your life, it will chafe a bit, and that is when you know you are growing.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me