5/12/2014

Capricorn

Thursday May 22nd, John 14:  1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  Sometimes those rooms are for others who do not see the world as we do.  Sometimes those rooms are for our enemies, you know, the ones we are to pray for.  Sometimes those rooms are for those who seek God through other faiths.  And Sometimes, just sometimes, we get the point that we are not the ones in charge of deciding who gets a room and who doesn’t, God is.  All the anti this or anti that theology is more about power grabs than about the love of God.  I am reminded of the old Kris Kristofferson song, Jesus was a Capricorn. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofzCZiQ9vjA) This anti theology has nothing to do with God and God’s love.  It is about loving hate and your own warped concept of power more than God.  Perhaps there is no hell, and it is just that when mortal enemies end up as roommates, it seems to them like eternal damnation until they can get around to offering forgiveness, and accepting it as God’s call to love one another.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me