5/12/2014

possible

Saturday May 24th, John 14: 9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.  Luther would call this God hidden and God revealed.  There may be many aspects of God on which we can speculate, but when it comes to knowing God as God wants us to know the Almighty, all we have Jesus.  All those stories of the vengeful god we find in places and hear about in so many pulpits and TV and Radio rants to the contrary God’s word is one of loving one another.  Perhaps there is more than a bit of human desire showing through in calling hate filled language the will of God.  What must I do to be saved? The young man asked.  Love God and Love you neighbor was the answer.  Who is my neighbor the young man asked?  The story of the Good Samaritan along with the question who acted like a neighbor was the answer.  Go and do likewise was the command.  Through God all things are possible.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me