1/13/2014

"g"

Thursday January 23rd, John 1:  29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, 'A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel."  The Lamb of God, not the lion of Judah, not the mighty eagle or warrior king, not the mighty Caesar or Pax Romania, but the lamb, the one who gives, and dies, is the one who takes away the sin of the world.  Not the sin of me only, or those who are good Lutherans, or those who believe like me, but the sin of the world.  For the sin of the world is always to put the “self” first and to strive to win and come out ahead at all cost.  The sin of the world is to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and all knowledge in-between and to be like a god unto ourselves.  Our human sin, our original sin, is to fake our way into thinking that we don’t need god or that we can create god in our image or at least in our thought pattern and be satisfied with god with a little “g.”  The Lamb calls us to a different reality, it is to follow the one who gives and gives.  It is to recognize ourselves as the Children of God, brothers and sisters all, and to have the God, big “G” in our lives.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me