1/06/2014

spotlights

Sunday January 12th, Isaiah 42: 1 Here is my servant! I have made him strong. He is my chosen one; I am pleased with him. I have given him my Spirit, and he will bring justice to the nations. 2 He won't shout or yell or call out in the streets. 3 He won't break off a bent reed or put out a dying flame, but he will make sure that justice is done.  Through our baptism, we join together with all the children of God as heirs of this calling.  The prophets of old looked forward to the coming of the chosen one who would bring about true justice, God’s justice, in the land.  In these later days, the spirit of God is upon you, upon me, upon our neighbors and brothers and sisters in this world.  And our calling is this; wherever you are, whatever you do, whoever you are, in that place and time, live your life, your calling as a child of God, in such a way so that because you exist, there is a bit more justice into the world.  No mighty spiritual armies here, no warriors for God, no solo spotlights, only the people of God reaching out to those in need.  Instead of bruising or extinguishing, there is nurturing and support for the least, lost and lonely. This is the way God works; this is the way God calls us to live. It is God’s world.  It is the Kingdom.  This is now.  It is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me