8/19/2013

glorious moments

Monday August 26th, Isaiah 58: 13 "If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, 14 then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spoken.  I will not kid myself, not all spiritual worship is in church.  There are many glorious moments out in this great land, especially here in Alaska, where one can have an invaluable primary experience with God.  Most worship is considered a secondary worship experience with God, in that it is often public remembrance of other experiences.  However, over the years the average attendance at worship has gone from two Sundays a month to one Sunday every six weeks (no scientific data, only my guesstament)  Perhaps this is a reflection on society in general or the church in general or the church in particular.  Whatever the cause, it is a call to implement some change.  Many are looking hard at what that might be.  I however am simply moving forward in service, loving one another.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me