8/19/2013

untie

Saturday August 31st, Luke 13: 15-16 But Jesus shot back, "You frauds! Each Sabbath every one of you regularly unties your cow or donkey from its stall, leads it out for water, and thinks nothing of it. So why isn't it all right for me to untie this daughter of Abraham and lead her from the stall where Satan has had her tied these eighteen years?"  Rules are often about what others are doing wrong according to our standards rather than what we are doing right.  All worship should be about freeing ourselves from the burdens of life.  Our burdens are not the same as those of others.  More times than I can count I have given what I considered to be a sermon that totally missed the mark, only to have someone tell me how it spoke right to what they were dealing with.  I may wonder what I said or what they heard, but it matters little.  God works in many ways to untie us from the burdens of life and to free us for a life of worship. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me