8/26/2013

expectation

Wednesday September 4th, Philemon: 21-22 I know you well enough to know you will. You'll probably go far beyond what I've written. And by the way, get a room ready for me. Because of your prayers, I fully expect to be your guest again.  23 Epaphras, my cellmate in the cause of Christ, says hello.  Paul trusted in God unfailingly even when Paul was sitting in jail.  Paul lived in constant anticipation of what God had in store for him, what new adventure was around the next corner.  Even prison was just another opportunity to witness, and even in prison Paul could anticipate the joys God still had to set before him. If we could only live our lives that way, filled with expectation and joy and hopefulness, perhaps we too could see the spirit’s leading in all of life.  Sometimes a crisis is just a way to open new doors. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me