8/05/2013

don't worry

Sunday August 11th, Genesis 15:  2 But Abram said, "O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?" 3 And Abram said, "You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir."   Humans tend to think in a linier fashion.  It is not our fault really I suppose.  We are rather bound by this time thing.  Abe had received, and was fully aware of the promise of God.  Now his concern switched from God’s blessings to the process.  How would God pull this off.   God’s concern was how to get Abe to trust him that no matter what the time frame or process.  It is all too common a human tendency to talk of trusting in God and then acting as if we don’t.  We tend to ignore the idea that if God is in control, it will be good.  I often tell others to pray, trust God and then go ahead and get to work, trusting that God can work through them and what they are doing, pretty much the same advice Abe had for himself.  God did work through it and in the end the world was blessed with two brothers, Isaac, the beginning of the Hebrew race and Ishmael, the beginning of the Arabic people.  To open minded people God’s hand can be seen working through both.  It is hard not to worry at these times when we are suffering the consequences of 30 years of supply side economics, but worry is our way of, at least in part, being in control, or wishing we were.  So Pray and trust God, then get to work, don’t worry.  Or as the angels say, “fear not for the Lord is with you.” 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me