8/05/2011

end up less than

Sunday August 21st, Isaiah 51: 4 "Listen to me, my people; hear me, my nation: The law will go out from me; my justice will become a light to the nations. When we speak of justice we speak of more than simple equality, which always ends up being less than equality. Justice is more than fairness, which always ends up being less than fair. Justice is more than caring, which ends up with a narrow focus of who we care for and how we care for them. Justice is about caring about the other enough to want to what is best for the other, through the others eyes. It always involves more than equality, more than fair and more than caring. Justice means knowing that without the other living up to the potential God has called the other to be, you are less than God has called you to be. Equality, Fairness, Caring, ask the question, “Am I my brother’s keeper?” Justice answers, “No, You are your brother’s brother, your sister’s sister” It is what is meant to be a child of God. It is the opposite of cutting programs so the wealthy can keep their tax cuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me