8/05/2011

binding and loosing

Saturday August 27th, Matthew 16: 17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Peter received the Keys to the Kingdom, and with it the responsibility to use them wisely. We too through our baptism into Christ have received the Keys to the Kingdom and with it the responsibility to use them wisely. When called to use them remember, if you forgive the sins on any, they are forgiven, the same as if Christ himself forgave them. Whatever you bind, or hold onto, or refuse to forgive, you are still holding onto. It’s not a matter of the other receiving forgiveness or not, it is a matter of whether or not we participate in the joyful experience. Whenever you use the keys to lock the door, Christ is on the other side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me