7/11/2011

Chickweed

Saturday July 23rd, Matthew 13: 29 “‘No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.' “In our part of the world, chickweed is the bane of gardening. It grows faster than any plant you ever thought of growing, but at least it is easy to pull, as long as you do it once a day. Growing up in Wisconsin, my dad would send my sister and I out to pull up the mustard from the oats, we were small at the time, but the collateral damage was great nonetheless. When you use mechanical means of harvest, you can afford to have some collateral damage. The kingdom of heaven is not mechanical however, it is very personal and very relational and collateral damage is unacceptable. Thank God, or else both you and I would have been yanked a long time ago. Often it is not the non-believers that are the problem for the Kingdom of God, it is the enthusiasts who somehow feel they are doing the will of God. You often see them running for office in the party of No.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me