7/09/2011

don't die on the vine

Sunday July 10th, Isaiah 55: 10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. As the rain provides nourishment for those plants who consume it, and helps them grow, so too, the word of God provides nourishment for those who consume it and it helps them grow. We have several plants that have survived despite our tendency to forget to water them. They have a certain tenacity about them. Many humans also have that certain tenacity. In spite of ignoring the word of God, the spirit continues to work within us. There comes a point when some of my plants are just too far gone. I wonder if it is the same with us and God’s word. My understanding of grace is that there is never an end to it, but looking at my plants sometimes, I wonder just how far the soul can be gone and still revive? God’s grace is beyond my understanding, but I still would rather not test the hypothesis. It is a much better idea to live in the light and love of grace your whole life long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me