11/16/2010

Benediction

I thought I would take verses 9-12 of the Colossians text for this Sunday and write it as the benediction. 


Benediction
Colossians 1:9-12
Be assured that from the first day I heard of you, I haven't stopped praying for you, asking God to give you wise minds and spirits attuned to God’s will, and so acquire a thorough understanding of the ways in which God works. I pray that you'll live well for the Master, bringing Joy to our Lord as you work in the mission field God has set before you.  As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn more and more how to do your part. I pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting your teeth, but the glory-strength that God gives. It is the strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy in your lives and the lives of the community, joy that lives thanking the Father who makes us all strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that God has for us.  Amen!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me