7/19/2010

Be in Christ

Tuesday July 27th, Colossians 2: 6-7 My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You're deeply rooted in him. You're well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving. The more difficult and complicated I can make God’s message, the more easily I can manipulate the people who listen to me. It can be a real power trip and it feels good, it fills my ego, but if I am honest to myself, I have to admit it is wrong. Paul’s counsel is simple and straightforward. Christ is yours, live in Christ knowing you won’t be let go of, trust the God within you, it is not rocket science, live as Christ would have you live and let others see that grace permeate your life. You are in Christ. Be in Christ. Live in Christ. Or as we say in our mission statement, be inspired by God’s love to Praise, Nurture and Serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me