7/19/2010

Unanswered prayers

Saturday July 31st, Luke 11: 11 "Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" My three youngest children wanted a pet snake when they were younger. They didn’t get it. Not because snakes are so bad, but I just didn’t see them as much of a pet. I also didn’t like the idea of a pet living in a small cage, it didn’t seem like much of a life to me. And to add a bit of honesty, I really don’t like snakes. So I made a choice, one of my children was not happy, but a choice made out of love for my children non-the-less. It is not always that God dislikes our desires, it just may be that our desires just might not good for us right then. God acts in love. Even when disappointed with what seems to be God’s answer, just trust that God acts in love. Remember the story of Abraham and Sarah, sometimes it is the right answer, just not the right time. Sometimes the answer is no for good reasons.
Unanswered prayers 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me