2/01/2010

good day for an adventure

Monday February 8th, Isaiah 6 : 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" I don’t think Isaiah was all ready to go any more than you or I would have been. He had not reviewed his contract, who his contacts would be, what the job expectations were, his timeline, a budget, etc….. All those things we need to have in place before we do some large task. And let us not forget those study groups to study the feasibility of the ministry task, what committees would be needed and what their tasks would be. He just said “Here am I. Send me!” and that, as opposed to all the structure we tend to build around a task, is what God can work with. I think all that other stuff is just a polite way of giving God the brush off or worse. The next time you get the call, just try to say, OK, and watch where God takes you. As a certain hobbit would say, it’s a great day for an adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me