10/13/2008

Just sing

Sunday October 19th, Psalm 96: 1 Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. 2 Sing to the LORD, praise the Lord’s name; proclaim the Lord’s salvation day after day. 3 Declare the Lord’s glory among the nations, and the marvelous deeds among all peoples. Do you go through the day singing? I do and it drives my wife nuts. I don’t actually sing, which might be part of the problem, I sort of breathe the melody, forming different notes in my head, and making an annoying sound in hers. Once she knows I am singing and not having a heart attack, she is better with it, and I can go on in my joy. It is sort of like a meditation, a mindful presence, letting the words, the sounds, the thoughts, the being, swirl around in my head in prayer. Sing to the Lord a new song, an old song, any song that tells of the wonders of the Lord. And spend you day, living in prayer and mindful presences with you God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me