10/06/2008

OK to recieve

Sunday October 12th, Psalm 23: You are true to your name, and you lead me along the right paths. I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won't be afraid. You are with me, and your shepherd's rod makes me feel safe. Sometimes as we go through life, things can get a bit scary. The financial situation is like that for many now, even though it might just be a good time to buy. In the midst of the dark times in life, we are not alone. One of the oddities of church work is the number of people who, during difficult times, disappear from church. Somehow we have communicated that it is fine to think you are OK but not so good if things are not going well, quite the opposite of the gospel. In this famous psalm, we hear that in the midst of the deepest darkest times in life, don’t be afraid, you are not alone. God is with you. God’s people are with you. Church is a place where it is ok to receive as well as a place to give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me