5/19/2008

Master???

Tuesday May 27th, 1 Corinthians 4: 1-4 Don't imagine us leaders to be something we aren't. We are servants of Christ, not his masters. We are guides into God's most sublime secrets, not security guards posted to protect them. The requirements for a good guide are reliability and accurate knowledge. It matters very little to me what you think of me, even less where I rank in popular opinion. Most in the congregation wish I was something I am not. I long ago dispelled the notion that I was a leader, let alone a master. We walk with, not in front of others. We point to the presence of God among us and we keep our ears and hearts open to learning from and seeing the presence of God in others. The minute I fancy myself as a master, I have eaten from the tree, and yes, it happens often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me