1/31/2007

Oh!^#$#W%#$$ all right

Friday February 9th, Luke 5 : 4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch." 5 Simon answered, "Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets." The scriptures don’t indicate it, but I would love to see the expression on Simon Peter’s face. I imagine some rolled eyes, some slight shaking of the head, and a deep sighing breath and then the exhausted reluctant turn toward the boat. I think it is similar to the look on my face when God asks me to do something I already have a bloody forehead over from beating my head against a brick wall. Sometimes we have to let go of the “me” in order for our nets to fill up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me