10/03/2006

the valleys define us

Friday October 27th, Mark 10: 38 "You don't know what you are asking," Jesus said. "Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?" 39 "We can," they answered. Jesus said to them, "You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, 40 but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared." No one gets through life with everything going well all the time. Somewhere in the process, life happens. How we handle that life in the valleys is what defines who we are. Anyone can do the mountain top thing for a while, but, it is the valleys that define us. We drink of the cup and are baptized with the baptism, and in the valley, we are never alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me