6/09/2005

Jesus of faith

Wednesday June 15: But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, Paul’s mission was to reach out to those for whom the promise of a messiah was new news. They were not burdened by the expectations of what a messiah would be, how the messiah was born, and whom the messiah would save and how. Jesus did much to destroy several of the myths of what the messiah was to be for the Jewish people, and brought salvation to all on the cross. That Jesus, stripped of culture, crucified on a cross, resurrected again to bring the gift of forgiveness and life to all, that is our Jesus. That is our culture. That is the Jesus of faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me