6/09/2005

Wham!!!!

Tuesday June 14th: I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. Paul was just walking down the road one day on his way to find, prosecute, and execute some more Christians when all of a sudden, wham!!!!! There he was confronted by the risen Christ. He never did see the birth, he never did know Jesus of the flesh, and he only knew the risen Christ. We might not have had the wham, but the risen Christ is all we know also. The rest we take by faith. All the questions about the birth of Jesus are secondary to the Jesus of faith. The virgin birth is a nice story, it fits the tradition, many including myself believe it to be true, some very prominent Biblical scholars have doubts, but in the vast scope of things, it is only window dressing. The Jesus for me is the Jesus who confronted Paul on the road. It is the Jesus of faith. What is central to your belief in Jesus?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That he loved me so much that he gave his life to spare mine, so that I have the choice to live to serve and party with him. He is my example and my inspiration. I love him.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Amen!!!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me