6/13/2005

dance with the joyful

Sunday June 19th, Jeremiah 31: The LORD appeared to us saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful. There are times when I was young when I thought that being a Christian was hard work. There were times when our Sunday School teacher would burst into tears hearing that we went to a dance. Then we got a new pastor and I lightened up and discovered the joy of dancing with God. Sometimes we work so hard at being a good Christian we never get around to being a good Christian. Part of being a good Christian is to take up your tambourines, or whatever you might play, and go out and dance with the joyful. Live the life God has given you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me