5/27/2005

Up the down staircase

Tuesday, May 31st: This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life." Gerhard Forde in his book “Where God meets Man” uses the analogy of going up the down staircase. God come to us from heaven to offer salvation through loving grace. Not trusting that, we want to climb up the down staircase and storm the gates of Heaven. We never quite succeed in storming those gates, but in order to feel better about ourselves we can always kick a few people down a few steps lower than where we think we are. For us, salvation becomes a game of “King of the Hill”. The problem is that while we are playing we lose sight of what we set out to do in the first place, to be a child of God.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the new way the meditations are being posted ahead of time. Now I know I can read them here, since I start my work day reading the meditation I will start right here. Then, if I have a though (usually I don't) I will post it. How cool!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like that I can have some nice music playing while I work. I'll try to load up the CD changer for the radio broadcast with good relaxing and inspirational work for church. Right now it is all Chrustian and Jewish. But I may add some secular music, too. I think that all music is of God. God gave us the blessing of expression in all of its forms. Hallelujah!!!!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, guess I should read and edit my posts before I hit the publish button, huh?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I also believe that there are lots of types of music is are gifts from God. One of my favorite inspirational albums is by Willie Nelson. As long as it is not vulgar or negative it is fine.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me