5/27/2005

Keep them close

Sunday May 29th: So keep my words in your hearts and minds. Write them down and tie them on your hands as a reminder. Also tie them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home. Some choose to interpret this as writing down the words and tying little boxes of words on the forehead and wrists. Somehow I think that kind of literalism misses the point. Some choose to think that is a nice text and then go about their life as if nothing has happened. I think that kind of laxity also misses the point. If I had to choose between the two point missings, I would choose the former. However, I would call you to the middle ground. Take the words of God into your hearts, make them a part of your life. Sing them in the shower. Let the water hit your face in the morning and remember your baptism and proclaim yourself once again as a child of God. Don’t worry, God has already seen you naked and won’t be embarrassed. To do nothing however might mean that God will still see you naked, but will be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me