4/18/2022

2nd Sunday in Easter John 20:19-31

I sit in darkness

late at night

the kids are asleep

quiet now

--after a day of fun

oblivious to the adult world

--as we have made it

of war and hate

and children very much like themselves

loved very much like themselves

without enough

--of their share

--to survive

I want to venture out

To help in this world

--of too much

----and not enough

but I often find myself

----------hiding

here in the darkness

----------comfort

-------------safety

of my own walls

when

--into this sanctuary

--of my

------awareness fear

comes a voice

----(peace)

of disturbing comfort

that seeks to destroy

------------my little kingdom

-------of what

--------------can

------------------I

--------------------do

-----------------------anyway walls

I am heralded again

----(peace)

from that voice of life

----(be with you)

I long to

--but wish not

------------hear

peace

in the midst of your world

and because of it

as the words still ring

------in my mind

I remember the one who came

To make all things new

And I long

--for that contact

that would take me by the hand

and lead me

--down the path of what will be

lead me

----(as the Father sent me)

somehow to show

--that Christ lives

show it to others

------and myself

Help me Lord to do thy will

----(I send you)

today

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me