7/25/2016

focused on the kingdom

Tuesday August 2nd, Colossians 3:  1-2 So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that's where the action is. See things from his perspective. I am getting older and the physical work I do around the house takes a bit more of a toll than it used to. There are times when I get up full of excitement at what I will get done and then reality sets in. Consequently, I tend to look at the ground right in front of me rather than the world up ahead.  As I loosen up I begin to see the world up ahead and my spirit as well as my countenance brightens.  God created the world and said it was good.  God created humanity and said it was good.  As we travel on the path of life, surrounded by the saints of God (though some would not consider themselves as such) if we are blessed our eyes are focused on the kingdom.  If we are still burdened down by all we have done and all we have left to do it is not our back alone that aches as we shuffle along looking down.  The final chapters in Revelation have a world ahead vision for us.  It is the holy city, coming down, open to all, all peoples refreshed by the water of life, healing for all nations, gates to the city always open.  Head down living builds border fences, kingdom living builds Kingdom parties and welcome gates.  It is the difference between “I” and “We”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me