7/25/2016

“I” trouble

Friday August 5th, Luke 12:  18 "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry."   20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'   We have all met someone with “I” trouble when they talk.  Everything is about them.  It is good to note that most of us have “I” trouble with the way we live if not the way we talk, especially when it comes to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  Kingdom life is not “I” life, it is “we” life.  Look around and see the world your children and grandchildren will get, will it be as clean and healthy as the one you received?  Look around at the children of God in your community, (remembering Jesus definition of neighbor in Luke 10)  are they better off than before you came on the scene?  Is everyone better off because of you or does the system you support help those with power and possessions more than those without?  Do you work for corporations that hide tax revenue off shore and hope for your chance to suckle at the tit of big money, or do you wish to contribute to the benefit of all of God’s children?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me