6/14/2015

walk in the park

Monday June 22nd, Job 38: "Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place, when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt'?  I may be able to understand the dynamics of natural disasters and the effects of water temperatures, gulf streams, air currents and temperatures and of course, plate tectonics, but I can never know fully why they exist.  I do know that in times of disasters, I can help those in need.  I can’t understand the fullness of God, but I can act out of the love of Christ.  As the children of God we are called to live a life that manifests the compassion of Christ in this world.  We are called into a relationship with this creator God, as well as with the fellow creatures we can see, but still with whom we do not always understand and do not always agree.  We are called into relationship with the creation from which we were formed, Dusty from the dust, Human from the humus, or Earthling from the earth.  It is not always a walk in the park, or in the Garden of Eden for that matter.  It is a walk in this world with the eyes of Christ and compassion for all.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me