4/06/2015

learning

Thursday April 16th, Acts 4: 32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had.  The Honda text, they were all in one accord.  More importantly, there had finally left the upper room and stopped blaming one another as to why they were still there.  The one accord thing is a start, but it is a myth.  It reminds me of a couple coming in for premarital counseling.  I ask them how they fight and they tell me they never fight.  I tell them I feel sorry for them and suggest they spend some time talking at a deeper level and come back after they have had a good fight and have figured out how they fight.  The church will never get along in one heart and mind, and it would be a scary aspect if they did.  But they are out of the room, infatuated with God and starting the long and painful process of learning to be the Body of Christ in the world.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me