3/16/2015

We are growing up



Monday March 23rd, Jeremiah 31: 33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. God will still be our God and we will still be God’s children, but we are older and hopefully more mature now. Everything shouldn’t have to be laid out in black and white in front of us. Now that humanity is older and wiser as the children of God, we have some responsibility. We are not told what to do in every situation except to operate out of the love that God has shown us. It makes for disagreements and disunity, but also opens the door to opportunity and growth. Our spiritual maturity shows in whether we use the disagreements for discussion and growth or judgment and regression.  Our current political discourse has been regressing for a while. Hopefully a little discussion and growth can happen as we move in the other direction and the more mature voices among us get their voices.  Love God and love others; that is what life is all about.  All that judgmental, anti-women and gays and kill the vote talk is nothing more than the two year old temper and tempter tantrum making a lot of noise.  Hopefully they will soon tire and go to sleep and the adults can get some work done.  On top of all that, I am 66 today!!! Maybe I too am growing up. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me