3/16/2015

Poem based on 5th Sunday in Lent John 12:20-33



Perched on the end of its stock
Out of the reach of the ground
A grain grows
Golden
Full of life that is
And is to be
In the bringing forth of life
Not only to itself
But to all who partake

Lord help me
--(unless)
to face
--that which has been faced
--for generation after generation
--(a grain of wheat)
that which makes no sense
and yet is the only thing
--that makes sense
--(falls)
I fear what is to come to all
I fear accepting my death
As real
And facing the unknown
--(to earth)
even Christ’s soul was troubled
and felt agony
at the facing of what
--was
----to
------be
--------(and dies)
But I know
--in my innermost self
that to live
I must let go
To truly live
I must accept all of life
--even death
and not hang on to my self
--as god
--(it remains alone)
I thank you Lord
For your Son
Who died
--(but if it dies)
that I might live

--(it bears much fruit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me