10/06/2014

Go into your world

Sunday October 12th, Psalm 23: You are true to your name, and you lead me along the right paths. I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won't be afraid. You are with me, and your shepherd's rod makes me feel safe.  There are times when life can be a bit scary.  For many, the current financial situation with the added threat of ISIS is one of those times.  It is no help that our media seems to be stoking the fires of fear, but usually for some ulterior motive.  In the midst of the fear and fear mongering, the Lord is with us.  We are not alone.  In the midst of the fear in our lives, whether fake or real, we are not alone.  Our Lord is with us.  In the midst of some of our screw ups in life, whether they be big or small, the Lord is with us.  In the midst of the good times and a life filled with glory, the Lord is with us.  In this famous psalm, we hear that in the midst of the deepest darkest of times in life, and in the midst of the greatest most glorious times in life, don’t be afraid, we are not alone, the Lord is with us.  God is with you and with me.  God’s people are with you and me.  Church is a place where it is ok to receive the blessings of God’s presence in life as well as a place to give, and be, an instrument of God’s presence and blessing in the lives of others.  It is in our giving and in our receiving that the Lord is with us.  Go into your world and live as if the Lord is with you this day.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me