3/31/2014

breathe

Monday April 7th, Ezekiel 37: 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.  11 Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, 'Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.' 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.' “The prophesying was the act of Ezekiel; the breath was the gift of God.  This same breath moved over the waters in creation.  This same breath entered in the lump of humus and created humans, or as it says in the Hebrew, it entered into the adamah and created Adam.  Breath on us Lord, bring your recreating spirit to this place and fill us anew with your spirit.  In a world that sees the message of Christ as being against, help us to bring forth the message of being for; for the sake of the needy, for the lost and the lonely, for the dispossessed, for the children who suffer from too much and those who suffer from not enough, for the lives that are hollow and dry, empty and dead, for…..   Help us to be the voice that prophesies to all whose lives who are so busy that they are empty of that for which they are searching.  Help us to be the voice that prophesies to all whose lives who are so busy that there is more than just keeping themselves and their children busy, and that their kids deserve more than just another activity or sport or vacation or lesson. Help us to be the voice that prophesies to all whose lives who are too busy, that they may open their eyes and hearts and realize that without a connection to God, they lose more than just a little free time on Sunday morning. Fill your Church O Lord with the mighty wind of your spirit and blow away the complacency of pew potato christianity with a small “c” and replace it with the life giving, life breathing blast of Your Spirit. Fill our lungs and our hearts and our souls once More O Lord, not with your peace that lulls us into complacency, but with an uneasiness that keeps us moving to your voice, your calling, your grace. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me