2/10/2014

seducing

Friday February 21st, Matthew 5: Adultery: 27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery  28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.  What an interesting dilemma!!!   If I say I am attracted to beautiful women, I have committed adultery.  If I say I am attracted to beautiful men, I have committed adultery, (sorry fundamentalists, it really is nothing different than what you are all guilty of, whether you are male or female)  So perhaps the problem is not the “who” we are attracted to, but the “how” we are attracted to them.  As a heterosexual male, I must admit, I love beautiful women, which is why I married one.  Does that mean I do not lust after other beautiful women?  Perhaps I wish that might be true, but it would also mean I was dead.  Is not the same true for our LGBT brothers and sisters?   Perhaps the issue is how we create objects in our lives; The government is wrong not me, instead of the government as an extension of us, or; they are seducing me, instead of I do have a weakness for beautiful sexuality.  Perhaps the problem is not in the “them” but the “us.”  When we recognize that, we can move forward, though never perhaps totally beyond.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me