2/10/2014

to act brings death

Saturday February 22nd, Matthew 5: Divorce:  31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.  I hate the fact that I am divorced.  I hate the fact even more that I am divorced twice.  Death of a spouse seems much easier to deal with, there is a finality to it.  Divorce is ongoing pain.  Divorce is hell!!!!, let me say it again, Divorce is hell!!!!!!. The pain stops not at one generation, or even two.  It goes on and on and on until someone has the balls to stop the pain and break the cycle.  I would like to claim that I was the victim, and perhaps I could justify saying so, but it matters little, if at all, to the real victims, the children.  Knowing that, I would still recommend divorce in some cases.  Cases where the pain of staying together is greater than the pain of separating, but there is no doubt, it is pain, and it is real, and it is damaging.  Jesus was giving rights to the victims of divorce in this culture, the women.  Rights not being the same as the lack of pain.  The next time someone catches your eye, it may spark a bit of life, and that is OK… to act on it brings death to everyone involved.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me