4/15/2013

Fear Not! even in Hell itself


Thursday April 25th, Psalm 23: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. There is a ravine south of Jerusalem which during the days of monarchy, was the scene of an idolatrous cult involving the passing children through fire (II Kings 23:10)  In the 1st Century B.C. the name began to change in usage from Gil Hinnom, or the valley of Hinnom, to one word, Gehenna.  This name began to denote a place of fiery torment reserved for the wicked after their death and ultimately after the last judgment.  Today we use the word Hell.  Even though you walk through Hell, remember you are not alone; God is with you and ultimately even reconciling you with those you consider your enemy.  Fear not!  Even in Hell itself.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me