4/29/2013

acting accordingly


Saturday May 11th, John 14:  25 I have told you these things while I am still with you. 26 But the Holy Spirit will come and help] you, because the Father will send the Spirit to take my place. The Spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you. 27 I give you peace, the kind of peace that only I can give. It isn't like the peace that this world can give.  When I was young and lived at home, my father was an idiot.  When I got out on my own and grew in years, it is amazing how much smarter my father got.  Many have expressed the opinion that if Jesus were here today; and then they usually paint some rosy picture of how they would be following him around and listening at his feet.  I think we would all just join together and try to kill him again.  The Spirit leads us not into the knowledge of what Jesus would do, but rather into the peace of knowing Christ is with us, and then calls us to action, living out that knowledge.  It is not a peace for us alone, but for all of creation.  It is living, knowing that Christ is not only in us, but also in them, and then acting accordingly.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me